Jan 13, 2012

Laurence, from the heart of Peckham

Laurence was way a head of me when I noticed his awesome hair. I was unsure if I could catch up with him or not, but decided to give it a go. I picked up my speed and followed him down an empty street. As I was about to reach him, to my big surprise, he suddenly turned around and asked if I had any money. It's not an unusual thing in London that people ask for coins to take the bus or something. Unfortunately I didn't have anything on me, so I kindly said no. Normally I'm the one that starts the conversation, and after turning him down, it felt a bit harder asking for his portrait. However, I felt the good vibes, so I asked anyway. After a few snaps, we were both happy. Laurence asked me one more time for change. I apologized and said no again, thanked him for the photo, before we walked of in separate directions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment