Feb 27, 2012

The Seated Man

Derek(77) was just hanging out on a bench with his friend, when I noticed his characteristic face. It looked like he was about to say goodbye, so I felt okay with interrupting. At first he told me no to be photographed, but he didn't ask me to leave. Instead he asked me where I was from, and he seemed quite interested in what I was doing. After some quick lines about Norway and photography, Derek had changed his mind and felt comfortable enough to sit for a portrait. We ended up spending the next 20 minutes on the bench together, talking about his coach trip around europe, the Second World War, and a very lucky dentist appointment.   

2 Comments:

  1. Hi Rasmus I love your work, it's very inspirational, and thank you for coming in to Uni with Marcio it was really helpful. Will keep looking at your blog for recent updates! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie! Great to hear from you. It was lovely to visit the uni and see all your guys awesome work. Hopefully I'll get to see your final portrait when it's done. Keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete